Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Old Station Signs

Date: 09/10/14 16:19
Old Station Signs
Author: Palhoghead

Vine Grove was on the Kentucky Division of the Illinois Central. When the railroad company razed the depot in the late sixties or early seventies my brother Steve dragged these station signs home. They languished in my Dad's and later my garage for the next forty plus years. After moving to a new place in April, I decided it was time to hang them up. I did a little restoration work to protect them from the elements and hung them on my shed. The cross bucks are just for fun.

I hired out on the ICG in '73 and retired from P&L in January. I was born in Vine Grove and I suppose one day I will die here as well.

Date: 09/11/14 20:37
Re: Old Station Signs
Author: The_Chief_Way

nice

Date: 09/14/14 08:07
Author: Ruger338

Love this one, located in the model railroad museum at Balboa Park.

Date: 09/15/14 17:24

That's a nice one.

Date: 09/25/14 19:55
Author: mikecollins

Love the Vine Grove sign. Was briefly associated with the C&J, which had rights over the Cadiz up to Princeton. The only track we ever used that was better than 10 mph was the P&L main from Princeton Junction to Princeton. It always seemed like a good idea to clean the carbon from our Geep's stack by trying to get to track speed before we had to slow down for the yard. <g>

--Mike

Date: 09/26/14 09:49

They blow more sparks than a Roman candle when you wind 'em up.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds