Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > AFT Maps Atlantic City

Date: 09/10/14 10:08
AFT Maps Atlantic City
Author: BoilingMan

Sept 7, 1976
I don't have the original trip synopsis for this move, and it was (or, rather it became) somewhat complicated. But this is my best guess.
About 164 miles. I'm not sure if this was all under Conrail, but a rough breakdown of the former RR's would be; NY&LB 30mi, PRR 78mi, and P-RS 56mi.
At South Amboy the train was turned and backed to Rahway, pulled by E-33's. The T-1 was to follow, but derailed in South Amboy and the train continued on with Conrail power. This is the part I'm unsure of: Did the E-33's continue on to Philadelphia, or were they replaced? And where did we cross back into NJ? I read somewhere we were supposed to come across the Delair Bridge, but I'd feel better if I had a collaberating source on that fact.
Atlantic City has changed quite a lot since 1976, and I'm not 100% sure that where I've placed the display site on the map is correct (we may have been a bit further into town?).

The T-1 arrived light, I believe on the evening of the 7th.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds