Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Rip Track Antics Part Two

Date: 08/22/15 10:53
Rip Track Antics Part Two
Author: retcsxcfm

At the "salt mines' we had a painter to do such things as restencil reporting marks and minor touch-up
to repair work.The painter was well up in age and very gullible.
There were three  tracks about a 1/4 mile long.The tracks were seperated by concrete sidewalks.There was
crossing in the middle to provide access to each track.
One day.I was removing tags from cars that were repaired and ready to go.I came upon a NYC green box car
that needed to be restenciled.I went to the "saw shed" where the painter had his office. (more about the "saw
shed" later.)The painter asked what was the car number.I told him I did not know.He kept asking and my answer
was the same.He said he needed the car number.I told him it was a NYC boxcar at the crossing in track 2.
You can't miss it.It is green and the only NYC car on the rip.Well,he kept up questioning me,until I got to the
point of--OK.You need the number so I will give it to you.He got a pencil and paper and started to write.I started,
59286590110 off the top of my head.You see,he had written about six numbers until he realized that I was BS'
him.He looked me and said,you are just  a wise ass!  I just left.
Uncle Joe

Date: 08/28/15 13:18
Re: Rip Track Antics Part Two
Author: Kimball

Here at work, not a RR, I was invited by e-mail, the usual method, to an urgent meeting.  When it started, the organizer said to me, in front of the group, that he wanted to call it earlier, but did not have my cell phone number.  While many of our younger employees seem to feel the need to give their personal numbers to the company, I do not see the need for this.  My answer was "867-5309!"    The half of the room that remembered Tommy Tutone's "Jenny" song laughed out loud!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/15 13:25 by Kimball.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds