Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > A good read

Date: 05/12/17 20:34
A good read
Author: a737flyer

I just finished quite a good book by retired rail John Cockrell called "45 Years". Well done stories of 45 years on the Southern Pacific/Union Pacific. Here's an engineer who loved what he did and where he did it and it shows all through the book. Kudos to Engineer John Cockrell and his co-author wife Sheri.

Date: 05/13/17 06:09
Re: A good read
Author: jointauthority

I've been reading this book for a few days, almost done with it. Very good book, I don't agree with the author on a few things in the book but overall it is good.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/18/17 20:52
Author: NPRY1960

i seem to remember that you mentioned one time that you are a 737 pilot with delta. i'll never forget boarding an america west 737, with the captain just inside the aircraft door, wearing an engineers cap, blowing a wooden train whistle, welcoming the psgrs aboard. quite a hoot! hope you caught the story on the abc world news tonite about the king of the netherlands who flies,
incognito, a couple of times a month for klm as a f/o. apparently he has been doing this for 20 years! its been a big secret. being king of holland must be a pretty low profile position.

mike

Date: 05/20/17 10:58
Author: Narniaman

I must say that I downloaded this book and read it over the course of three or four nights.

Excellent!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds