Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > SP/Atk Conductor Paul Soule

Date: 06/22/18 18:02
SP/Atk Conductor Paul Soule
Author: CPCoyote

Just learned that retired SP/Amtrak conductor Paul Soule passed away last week from a heart attack.
Good man. Always a pleasure to be around and work with.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/23/18 03:05
Re: SP/Atk Conductor Paul Soule
Author: hogheaded

Paul was one of my favorite workmates. We talked several times of getting together after we both retired, but never did.

A story about Paul in better times:
When he worked the yard at Fourth & Townsend, one of his ritual activities was to great trains and scour them in the hopes that, in his words, "a $20 bill might turn up". As it so happened, I had a fake, one-sided $20 bill, and at the first opportunity placed it prominently under a coach seat and waited at the vestibule. Shortly, he came nearly dancing out of the car sporting the bill and a big grin. "Look what I found!" I replied "Turn it over" and his smile dropped away when he read "To Paul, love EO". We then proceeded to laugh ourselves silly. The world needs more, not less Paul Soules.

Ed Gibson

Date: 06/23/18 16:23
Author: johnw

Defintely one of the good guys on SP and at Caltrain! R.I.P. Paul

Date: 06/29/18 06:46
Author: CardinalFang

Great guy.

Date: 07/01/18 15:19
Author: kilroydiver

Now why does that prank you pulled not surprise me! That's a good one though Ed, that's something I would have totally done.

Hope all is well,

DaveĀ 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds