Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Naked women just west of Bakersfield

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 03/01/23 18:43
Naked women just west of Bakersfield
Author: ApproachCircuit

This went on for awhile. Going west it was double track for a few miles, then to single track all the way to Calwa Tower(ATSF crossing) Fresno.
This was going on in the early seventies; maybe a Bakersfield "local" could elaborate.
Anyhow at the end of double track at Bakersfield, a young lady would stand on her head totally naked as you went by.
Nobody had to be told to keep their glasses clean!
This would also transpire in Saugus Cyn but those ladies would only go topless. (Pulling up their shirt for a quick glance!)

JJ Bucksnort

Date: 03/01/23 22:12
Re: Naked women just west of Bakersfield
Author: roustabout

You never knew when something might happen.  One trip, on a Friday night through downtown Corvallis on the westbound Toledo Hauler, I spied a woman on the sidewalk on 6th Street, standing on my side of the road.  As we went by, she lifted her 'dress' and smiled.  Another time, we found a group of women gardening topless in Summit on yet another trip westbound on a very nice spring day.  I think they figured they'd be safe where they were and we surprised them.  Laughs and smiles all around.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/23 22:13 by roustabout.

Date: 03/02/23 15:48
Author: tehachcond

Years ago, I was the conductor on an eastbound going around the Tehachapi Loop at Walong, when my engineer called to the caboose on the radio and said, "Hey Brian, check out this brown van near the road crossing."  When we got there, here was a woman in the doorway of the van topless! Her boyfriend, or whatever he was, was standing near her with a camera equipped with a telephoto lens photoing the expressions on everyones faces.
   We had a helper behind the caboose, so he had four of us to shoot.  A Santa Fe crew made the remark that they'd been there all day.  The woods are full of squirrels, I guess.

Brian Black
Castle Rock, CO.

Date: 03/02/23 15:52
Author: goneon66

some interesting stories on the seligman sub too, especially near flagstaff and the river...........

Date: 03/02/23 17:59
Author: TAW

There was a nudist park in the Soledad Canyon in the early 70s. I don't remember exactly where, toward the east end maybe. The folks would come over to the track to greet trains coming by.

TAW

Date: 03/02/23 19:26
Author: Cardinalrider13

Ride the CA Zephyr anytime during warm weather and there will be a lot of full moons from rafters on the Colorado, with an occasional female chest flasher. 

Date: 03/02/23 20:20
Author: Trainhand

Running in south GA and North FL, it was anazing how many women sunbathed nude in their backyards. Since we were higher than the fence it made the trip a little better. Some would run into their house, others would wave, and most ignored us.

Sam

Date: 03/03/23 08:30
Author: Ritzville

San Clemente beach area a good spot for a chest flash on Amtrak.. Never a dull moment there.

Larry

Date: 03/03/23 10:33
Author: Zephyr

The SP Coast Line at the former siding, Ortega, first siding east of East Santa Barbara, was a good place to stop and observe the nude beach below the right of way.  It was always a good place to let the hyrail vehicle "cool off" while other things "heated up"!  The right of way going through Refugio Beach between Capitan and Gaviota was another place you might get surprised.

Date: 03/04/23 17:34
Author: ironmtn

Cardinalrider13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ride the CA Zephyr anytime during warm weather and
> there will be a lot of full moons from rafters on
> the Colorado, with an occasional female chest
> flasher. 

Train staff even sometimes make a PA-system announcement about it to alert passengers so they are not surprised and overly offended should it occur ("you should have told us that..."). Probably appropriate for the families on board. But the adults in the Sightseer Lounge usually have a good chuckle about it - and watch the river bank a little more closely. Like watching for wildlife in areas where it's abundant. I've even heard such an announcement on the CZ in the dead of winter, with not a single kayak, raft or canoe on the Colorado River, in the context of, "during the summertime when there are kayakers and rafters on the river...."

Many years ago, I rode a special excursion on the former Clinchfield Railroad. South of Erwin, Tenn. as the train traversed the scenic Nolichucky River gorge, fairly heavily used by whitewater rafters and kayakers, there were quite a few apparitions of the moon seen along its banks. Such celestial events do not occur only in the West.

MC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/23 17:40 by ironmtn.

Date: 03/05/23 21:57
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

TAW Wrote:
> There was a nudist park in the Soledad Canyon in
> the early 70s. I don't remember exactly where,
> toward the east end maybe. The folks would come
> over to the track to greet trains coming by.
>
> TAW

The location was between Lang and Russ and between the 2 tunnels. Sunday was the best day of the week for observation!

Posted from Android

Date: 03/05/23 22:10

After the UP merger with the SP I worked a number of jobs in the L A area that were not accessible for my seniority district. I worked a hauler that went from City of Industry to Los Nietos and returned. Every afternoon we would approach Workman Mill Road and a woman would be at the crossing wearing a frilly skirt. She would stand near the gate and pull up her skirt to cover her face. We the crew always enjoyed the view to heaven!

Posted from Android

Date: 03/05/23 22:13

Zephyr Wrote:
> The SP Coast Line at the former siding, Ortega,
> first siding east of East Santa Barbara, was a
> good place to stop and observe the nude beach
> below the right of way.  It was always a good
> place to let the hyrail vehicle "cool off" while
> other things "heated up"!  The right of way going
> through Refugio Beach between Capitan and Gaviota
> was another place you might get surprised.

Another viewing opportunity was the girls in the hot tub between switches at Ventura. Plus the beach at old Wave between Carpenteria and Seacliff.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/15/23 15:57
Author: santafe199

…and I could never even get one of those “free beer next Monday” tickets to work!

😩

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/16/23 09:31

santafe199 Wrote:
> …and I could never even get one of those “free
> beer next Monday” tickets to work!
>
> 😩
>
> Posted from iPhone

You should of hired out in California instead of Kansas..lol

Posted from Android

Date: 03/19/23 14:23
Author: MojaveBill

Years ago my wife and I took a fantrip from Mojave to Bakersfield. On the way back we passed a parked automobile near the Loop with the doors open and a young couple going at it! What was really interesting is that we recognized the couple, neighbors from Mojave! We never mentioned it to them...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 04/03/23 19:14
Author: LocoPilot750

Just west of KC at West Holliday, there is a girl's softball complex that was always busy on the weekend. One of our conductors got in trouble for screaming out the window "SHOW ME SOME TITS !" as the train drifted by slow. One of the patents in the crowd heard it, thought it was inappropriate, wrote down the engine number, and called BNSF management at Kansas City. He got out of it though, the people in the bleachers had simply misunderstood what he really said. "SHOW ME SOME HITS !" RIP Stippy.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/05/23 12:04
Author: sfbrkmn

Several summers going east Gage, OK., on highlighted Z at 67-68 mph, on my side of main 1 next to a tree line a blonde flashed herself. It was a blur that lasted only say five seconds with no time to react or even say anything to the hoghead. Too bad we did not have a 10mph form A in effect there. Sam

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/05/23 13:23
Author: longliveSP

LocoPilot750 Wrote:
> Just west of KC at West Holliday, there is a
> girl's softball complex that was always busy on
> the weekend. One of our conductors got in trouble
> for screaming out the window "SHOW ME SOME TITS !"
> as the train drifted by slow.

If he was saying that to kids, he should be labeled a pervert.

Date: 05/24/23 19:10
Author: wa4umr

The first time I rode the Zephyr, we were just out of Grand Junction and along the river and there was a couple in the river in a Jon boat.  He was fishing and she was getting some rays.  She was collecting as many as she could.  She lay there as the first part of the train passed and then I guess she discovered that it was a passenger train and she quickly grabbed a towel and covered up.  That was about 15 years ago.  

John

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0819 seconds