Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > BO Golson

Date: 09/04/23 17:11
BO Golson
Author: ApproachCircuit

Boomer all over SP Kingdom Come.
Has tons of Stories, a real interesting guy with plently of experience.
I heard he was living in Redlands..
"Sp Engr  San
 Joaquin Engr" would know more.

RH!!

Date: 09/04/23 19:05
Re: BO Golson
Author: RetiredHogger

ApproachCircuit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boomer all over SP Kingdom Come.
> Has tons of Stories, a real interesting guy with
> plently of experience.
> I heard he was living in Redlands..
> "Sp Engr  San
>  Joaquin Engr" would know more.
>
>
> RH!!

My late father lived in Redlands, CA before the war. He moved back to IL when he got out of the service in late 1945.

Date: 09/06/23 11:10
Author: sp3204

Yes, MA "Bo" Golson has moved to the Inland Empire I have been told by a good source. He had been living for a number of years in the Eastern Sierra off highway 395 and participating with the operating end of the SP narrow gauge that is out there. That boy definitely gets around, Boomer for sure!

Date: 09/06/23 15:16
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Bo Golson.. A true fun guy to work with. Yes, he was a boomer. He always had a smile on his face. The late Godfather, Vince Cipolla, always was in the know of his whereabouts.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/07/23 00:43
Author: bradleymckay

SanJoaquinEngr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bo Golson.. A true fun guy to work with. Yes, he
> was a boomer. He always had a smile on his face.
> The late Godfather, Vince Cipolla, always was in
> the know of his whereabouts.
>
> Posted from Android

Jim, I talked to Bo at one of the employee BBQ's in SLO years ago and was surprised when he told me he had suffered a heart attack while out hiking. He had recovered well enough to attend the BBQ. I think he was living in Pismo Beach at the time but not 100% sure. Heard he was or had been dating railfan turned SP dispatcher J.D. Schmidt's sister around that time.

Bo's name was in the very first issue of Railfan magazine back in the mid '70's. Fairly sure he used to tape record passing trains in Santa Ana and Pomona before he hired on with SP. I heard he also made some video's with a Super 8 movie camera he owned.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/23 00:45 by bradleymckay.

Date: 09/07/23 08:45
Author: WAF

His videos have been used in Charles Smiley projects on the SP

Date: 09/07/23 12:22
Author: sp3204

Bo married that girl after a long courtship! She is SP dispatcher JD Schmid's sister and quite an excellent photographer in his own right.

Date: 09/08/23 07:37
Author: 90mac

I see Bo every month.
He's doing well.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/12/23 14:54
Author: Westbound

Met him for the first time last Saturday at the (old name) Orange Empire Trolley Museum swap meet at Perris, CA. Turned out that we had mutual friends on the old SP. We did swap a couple of stories.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds