Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Paul Kirt, SP/UP

Date: 12/15/23 06:48
Paul Kirt, SP/UP
Author: HardYellow

Paul Kirt , Southern Pacific Engineer and Roadforeman passed away from a heart attack on December 10th. His service will be at Forrest Lawn in Glendale, CA December 29th at 1:30 pm.. Paul was in my engineers class back in 1978. 

Date: 12/15/23 08:37
Re: Paul Kirt, SP/UP
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

I went to junior high and high school with Paul. He was a great guy and fun to work with. He always had a smile on his face. As a RFE you couldn't ask for a better supervisor. He would ride with me on occasion and he could relax. He was a great father to his children. RIP Paul.. Highball..

Posted from Android

Date: 12/15/23 20:24
Author: ExSPCondr

One of the best!  I worked wiith him when I was the ATM at Surf.  One day Paul and the DBO drove up from LA  in the afternoon so we could go testing in the evening.  We decided to have dinner in Santa Barbara first, and stopped in a nice restaurant.  It had booths along one wall that were all on a six inch raised floor.

The waitress came to take our order while carrying the drink order for the next table.  Unfortunately she tripped on the little step, and poured their beers on Paul and I.  The last thng we coud do was go testing smeillng iike beer!
G

Date: 12/17/23 09:20
Author: spider1319

I am sorry to hear the sad news.He rode with us on our Amtrak qualifying trips to Santa Barbara.A nice man and gentlemanRIP.Bill Webb

Date: 12/18/23 07:54
Author: HardYellow

I was told years ago by an older man..." When you're young, all your friends move away, when you're old, all your friends die." So many of my rail friends are gone now, Paul here, Jimmy Benson, Tim Dickinson and many more.

Date: 01/10/24 12:08
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Pauls funeral was well attended. He was buried in bib overalls the joke was he was ready for his final trip. RIP my friend.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/10/24 20:52
Author: Drknow

SanJoaquinEngr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pauls funeral was well attended. He was buried in
> bib overalls the joke was he was ready for his
> final trip. RIP my friend.
>
> Posted from Android

Sounds like a good fella. Highball and no work enroute!

Regards

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds