Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX crew change points question

Date: 05/02/11 06:05
CSX crew change points question
Author: NS4271

From Richmond, VA. north, trains enroute to North Jersey and trains enroute to Cumberland, change crews where? Thanks.

Date: 05/02/11 06:36
Re: CSX crew change points question
Author: dharris

Brunswick, MD is one of them.

Date: 05/02/11 06:49
Author: spike5343

Philadelphia, Brunswick and Baltimore.

Date: 05/02/11 06:55
Author: tp117

This is only a partial list which should be amended by those who know more. In RF&P days all trains and often locomotives were changed at Richmond and Potomac Yard. When Potomac Yard was finally closed so were the facilities to change crews and longer districts were established using former RF&P and B&O men.

So now there are overlaping crew districts. Q174 and Q171 use assigned crews home base Richmond with Q174s crew deadheading back to Richmond, usually on Amtrak on Sundays because Q171/173 doees not run on Monday. Then there is a Richmond to Philly pool that handles Q172 the three days it runs, juice train Q740, empties Q741 trash train Q703 and empties Q702. Last winter I heard this pool was also handling Q409/Q410 since they have no intermediate work. There is also a Baltimore to Philly pool, and a Philly to north Jersy district which has unique arrangements that have been explained to me but I forget. Many crews in these two pool are qualified n both districts so sometimes thay run thru, but I'm not sure if a Balto to north Jersey pool exists now. There are some folks that are qualified over all the routes from north Jersey to Cumberland and Richmond.

In the past there was a Philly to Cumberland district for Q135/Q136 and Q216/Q217, but 135/136 are the Cumberland to Shippensburg trains now. There is also Balto to Cumberland, Richmond to Balto, Richmond to brunswick, and maybe Richmond to Cumberland for the small single level container train Q130139.

Hope others chime in with corrections so i can learn more too.

Date: 05/02/11 07:44
Author: spike5343

and maybe Richmond
> to Cumberland for the small single level container
> train Q130139.

Not anymore Q130/Q139 now runs in the Richmond/Brunswick ID pools.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds