Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX SD70M-2 Demo Units

Date: 09/22/05 07:44
CSX SD70M-2 Demo Units
Author: AmericanLines

Anyone know how the EMD SD70M-2 Demo units are doing?

Is CSX impressed with their performance? When can we expect an order?

Date: 09/23/05 08:12
Re: CSX SD70M-2 Demo Units
Author: chicagorail

i think they are fine whenever i see them. may order 25 to 100 of them.

Date: 09/23/05 08:18
Author: ConrailTV-6

They were out of service for several problems during the first two weeks of testing. Hot engines, fuel pump failures, etc. were among the issues. These units will get a very hard look as the last big batch of EMD's (the 4700's) have been very problematic.

Date: 09/23/05 09:17
Author: hoydie17

As I understand it the ACe's (4830+) have been very problematic as well. So don't be surprised if CSX tells EMD to pound salt up their [expletive].

Date: 09/27/05 03:25
Author: Red

hoydie17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As I understand it the ACe's (4830+) have been
> very problematic as well. So don't be surprised
> if CSX tells EMD to pound salt up their .

Strange that CSX seems to keep having all kinds of problems with units that the UPRR has great success with. I really don't get it. I don't doubt that they are having the problems...but something is out of place, here. Could it be that when you go for more than a decade without ordering EMD's, you find that your mechanical people don't have a clue how to maintain them? Just a thought...

Also...CSX is considering rostering both the SD70M-2 AND the SD70ACe??? It is as if they cannot make up their minds what type of unit to order from one year to the next, or whether to go with AC or DC. Maybe they ought to just keep running all those GCFX, FURX, CEFX, and what have you rent-a-wrecks, and of course, steal as much new UP power as they can and keep it online for as long as possible, as is their normal practice, and not order ANY new units.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds