Home Open Account Help 150 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CN/ACR Agawa Canyon Fall Color Tour

Date: 10/10/05 17:20
CN/ACR Agawa Canyon Fall Color Tour
Author: CNW

Rode the Algoma Central's Agawa Canyon tour Thursday 10/06/05. Here are a few shots from Agawa Canyon Park.

Date: 10/10/05 17:23
Re: CN/ACR Agawa Canyon Fall Color Tour

With the power on the south end, the train is ready to head back to Sault St. Marie.

Date: 10/10/05 17:34

A northbound freight runs through the siding around the tour train. Big power on small rail.

Date: 10/10/05 17:40

The view looking north from the park.

Date: 10/10/05 17:45
Author: westernnyrr

My brother and I rode the "Tour of the Line" in the winter of 2002! Burrrr, Cold! Wisconsin Central was still in charge. It was 35 degrees, below zero, in Hearst, Ontario, Canada. Looks a little funny with those CN units. I guess that's progress for you. I would have rather ridden with you! Beautiful colors! I'm impressed with your pictures. Thanks for sharing.
...Richard

Date: 10/10/05 18:48
Author: NDHolmes

Beautiful place, and I'm glad to see some updates from up there. Now I just wish the ACR was still around. I rode the Agawa Canyon train about 1992, and I wish I'd gone back before CN bought the whole thing up...

Date: 10/10/05 20:55
Author: highgreengraphics

A little hard for me to look at - last time I photographed the (LONG 27-car) fall color tour train on the Montreal River curved trestle, the train had A-A-B-B-A-A Algoma Central F's on it! Interestingly, that same day, subbing for the usual F on the daily 3-car regular passenger service was WC ex-Soo Line GP-30 700, still in red and white with ALCO trucks! (This was the first unit to usher in Soo Line's new "modern" image in 1963, now it is at the Duluth museum after laboring at Hallett Dock and being repainted early last summer.) Just isn't much reason to go up there to Sault Ste. Marie again now... - - - JLH

Date: 10/11/05 05:18
still a great trip
Author: RobJ

Good to seed those shots. Things don't stay the same and you can only see what is there now.

No reason to go? How about great fall colors and one of the greatest train rides.

Bob Jordan

Date: 10/11/05 09:07
Author: wabash2800

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A little hard for me to look at - last time I
> photographed the (LONG 27-car) fall color tour
> train on the Montreal River curved trestle, the
> train had A-A-B-B-A-A Algoma Central F's on it!
> Interestingly, that same day, subbing for the
> usual F on the daily 3-car regular passenger
> service was WC ex-Soo Line GP-30 700, still in red
> and white with ALCO trucks! (This was the first
> unit to usher in Soo Line's new "modern" image in
> 1963, now it is at the Duluth museum after
> laboring at Hallett Dock and being repainted early
> last summer.) Just isn't much reason to go up
> there to Sault Ste. Marie again now... - - - JLH

How about posting some of the photos here?

Date: 10/13/05 10:18
Author: highgreengraphics

Why, I can't afford the scanner I want! I need to get my Canon 20D first, and I have two kids to feed. Donations are always accepted... - - - - - - JLH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds