Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CP Christmas Train in Wisconsin

Date: 12/10/05 18:42
CP Christmas Train in Wisconsin
Author: kschmidt626

Greetings,

Had the chance to catch the US version of CP's Christmas Train. The train was scheduled to stop in Sturtevant, Wisconsin at 8:05pm, I believe it arrived about 45 minutes late. This was due to commuter train traffic in Chicago. It was unfortunate because with a temperature of about 10 degrees and a windchill around 0 it got cold real fast. Sadly there was a large crowd at the Sturtevant Depot at 8pm, but by 8:30 many of them had left because of the cold. The train did look good when it arrived. I didn't really catch much of the show, but I did get some shots of the train.

Here is one of the CP #9714 stopped at Sturtevant, WI

Date: 12/10/05 18:44
Re: CP Christmas Train in Wisconsin

A closer shot of the #9714

Keith

Date: 12/10/05 18:45

Looking northbound from mid-train with the Sturtevant Depot on the left side.

Keith

Date: 12/10/05 18:46

Looking south from mid-train at the backside of the stage car and the passenger cars on the rear of the train.

Keith

Date: 12/10/05 23:10
Author: poultrycar

I just love that bike parked in the snow in front of the depot. Hardy soles, those cheese-heads!

Date: 12/12/05 06:39

I noticed that bike too. It actually had one of those carriers for a kid attached to the back. I hope it was used for camera equipment and not for a kid in that cold.

Keith

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0725 seconds