Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Primer Units Being Painted

Date: 02/12/06 16:47
CSX Primer Units Being Painted
Author: rhmich

Heard from my son Phil Michaels awhile ago who lives in Fostoria Ohio that he saw two freshly painted CSX 5200 series there this morning. Numbers were 5213 and 5227. He also saw 5212 a couple days ago in fresh paint. These are in the group of 13 units delivered to CSX in Primer paint from GE Erie when new and are now going back to GE for painting. Make that the "Primer Ten" now, and soon to be even less.
Rhmich

Date: 02/12/06 17:05
Re: CSX Primer Units Being Painted
Author: chessie

Thanks for the info., Bob. Maybe people will quit bugging me about CSX heritage units now LOL.

Randy

Date: 02/12/06 18:30
Author: CSX4838

CSX 5217 is also running around in fresh paint

Date: 02/12/06 18:35
Author: hoydie17

chessie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the info., Bob. Maybe people will quit
> bugging me about CSX heritage units now LOL.
>
>
>
> Randy

Amazing how fast that rumor spread. Buddy of mine that works at the Huntington shops was telling us they had gotten the kits to paint the primered units before CSX even took delivery of 5200/5201.

A bunch of the guys were trying to figure out what engines they were for, and about the time 5250 (or somewhere in there) hit the system, the memo came down from JAX. Just a little bit of lag time. LOL

Sean

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds