Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Around Philly Today

Date: 02/25/06 20:01
Around Philly Today
Author: NJTMatt

A nice day Around Philly, Went into the city to catch some trains, however no trains to be found. I did find this StL&H GP9 along Delaware Ave and took some shots of it. Here they are.

Date: 02/25/06 20:02
Re: Around Philly Today

Here's another angle.

Date: 02/25/06 20:04

Saw this as I was leaving Belmont Jct on the NS amd had to get a picture. The was the 3rd unit in a NS 500-something.

Date: 02/25/06 20:06

At last, I found a train, I heard 14G leaving Abrums so I chased it to Willow Grove to get this sun set shot of it. Hope you enjoyed.

Date: 02/25/06 21:24
Author: Pumbaamd

In your very first shot, I see a ship in the distant background. Slim chance here, but do you have any knowledge of that ship?

Date: 02/25/06 21:57
Author: Anonymous User

The Ship is the SS United States. Once the pride of the United States lines. It has been sitting in Philly for some time now. I hope to see it sail again someday.
John P

Date: 02/25/06 23:55
Author: cr6972

nice pics matt! the ss united states is supposedly going to be re-conditioned by norwegian cruise lines, after they purchase it. this is what ch3 news said over the summer.

matt arentzen
northeastrailworks.com

Date: 02/26/06 06:40
Author: Winks

Is the Willow Grove shot taken on the Trenton Cutoff? Does that line get much activity?

Familiar area which I'm sure has changed, I lived in Ft Washington 20 years ago and worked at Honeywell on Virginia Dr in the FW Industrial Park. I enjoy photos of the area.

Thanks for posting.

Date: 02/26/06 08:34
Author: chuchubob

Great shot of BNSF 4630 on NS 506!
It's on Deepwater, NJ, on Sunday, and will lead NS 507 with the empties in a couple days after CW Rail 104 takes all the coal into DuPont's Chambers works and brings out the empties.

Date: 02/26/06 17:09

The trenton cut off is not that busy anymore, but does see some trains. The nice thing you kinda have a good idea when they will be running. Right now it sees anywhere between 8-10 trains a day. Intermodals mostly. Here they are. 20Q-21Q, 20J-21J I think, CSX Q190-Q191, usually a daylight train, NS 14G and 17G and the 67Z and 66Z, slab trains and emplys gons. I think they are the right designations but don't hold me to it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0569 seconds