Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sand Patch Monday...... even nicer!

Date: 03/21/06 07:25
Sand Patch Monday...... even nicer!
Author: cinder

In the first picture, Q352 drops downgrade approaching NA signal under a seemingly sullen sky. Q249 is in the background. CSX ran seven trains between 7am and 8:30am. Picture two shows Q353 rounding the horseshoe curve at Mance. The last picture in this set is for those of you who feel this area (Mance) is "overshot". Make up your own caption.

Of note.......K171, an ore pellet train, ran west on both Sun and Mon. K557 (slab steel? in gondolas) ran west on Sun.

Date: 03/21/06 07:34
Re: Sand Patch Monday...... even nicer!
Author: DJ-12

Cinder: The 352 shot is probably my fav Sand Patch Vantage point. That curve always looks great in the fall. Well done.

Date: 03/21/06 07:49
Author: Gateway97

I like the first two, but I gotta be honest... that third shot is a turkey!

Date: 03/21/06 08:10
Author: nazmo

Love your pictures! You were lucky to catch so much action on any given day. I watched the 67 car slab steel train your referring to on the video cams over and over again. In the almost one year since I have been a subscriber it is the first train on the videos to capture the helper set at the rear! Probably because it was such a short train. I sure wish the cameras would roll longer, I have always had a love for the helper action at the rear of a train!

Tom

Date: 03/21/06 08:41
Author: nazmo

Correction, I have now seen the helpers of three trains since I started subscribing thanks to you! I caught your Sunday and Monday ore trains, both were just a little over 75 cars so the video cams caught the helper action. The 8:00 Sunday ore train only had 1 SD50 shoving versus 2 SD50's on the Monday train and was having a hard time maintaining speed going through Hyndman. How slow was he going up were you were at Foley or Mance?

Thanks again!
Tom

Date: 03/21/06 11:05
Re: Train symbols
Author: toledopatch

Wouldn't the symbols for those unit trains (ore, steel) be K's and not Q's?

Date: 03/21/06 11:31
Author: hoydie17

Cinder, is that 3rd photo of a CSX trainmaster or what? (Couldn't help myself.) LOL
Sean

Date: 03/21/06 11:40
Author: BaltoJoey

hoydie17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cinder, is that 3rd photo of a CSX trainmaster or
> what? (Couldn't help myself.) LOL
> Sean

Shhhhhh!! He's in disguise looking for speeders!! ;P

Date: 03/21/06 12:05
Re: Train symbols...toledopatch is correct.
Author: cinder

I was careless with my symbols...Thanks toledo

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds