Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Philadelphia High Line & Reading West

Date: 06/14/06 18:55
Philadelphia High Line & Reading West
Author: lirrman

I have admired many photos made of trains on the old Pennsy High Line across Philadelphia. What runs up there? Is there a good chance of seeing anything operating during the day?

What kind of traffic runs on the Reading west of Philadelphia? Does most of it originate at Abrams or somewhere else?

Date: 06/14/06 22:50
Re: Philadelphia High Line & Reading West
Author: cr6972

you can catch ns, csx and cp rail on the high line. cp runs east in the mornings, (when i see him going east to philly, pa.) ns runs about 30-40 trains a day west of philadelphia on the old reading line. coal, steel slab, intermodal, mixed freight. cp runs their wb 31 j at night on mon, wed, fri. nights. 30j is the return train running eb, tues, thurs, sat. that was their schedule the last time i heard. cp trains are mixes of intermodal and general freight. csx runs intermodal, and mixers too. csx's philly sub is across the river from the highline. it runs along the art museum, and under it.

Date: 06/15/06 05:46
Author: Gonut1

More like 20 trains between Philly and Reading more on the Harrisburg Line west of Reading with additional traffic from the Lehigh Line. Abrams originates locals, it is more of a block swap yard. Through trains are from Morrisville, Greenwich, Pavonia and Edgemore.

Gonut

Date: 06/15/06 16:17
Author: HB90MACH

Has anybody tried the new river walk park that runs next to the csx line in Philly?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds