Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > FPEX hopper question

Date: 06/20/06 12:38
FPEX hopper question
Author: csx5000

hey all
On my way to downtown toledo, ohio i saw a train lead by BNSF 9690 in cream and green and BNSF 8815 in H2 paint. it had a solid consist of FPEX hoppers loaded with coal. what i want to know is who is FEPX, train symbol(trace 60500), where does it come from, where does it go, and is it powder river coal? this train was heading eastbound on track 1. any help on this train would be cool.
railfan1 out

Date: 06/20/06 13:10
Re: FPEX hopper question
Author: scraphauler

Sure it wasn't FEPX? As of 4/27 ORER, there is no FPEX reporting mark. If it was FEPX, that's FirstEnergy Generation - I think that's Toledo Edison, Ohio Edison, Penelec, etc. If it's headed east with BSNF power, then it's probably prb coal for one the their facilities.

Date: 06/21/06 11:59
Re: FPEX hopper question
Author: 41bridge

This is Powder River coal. Train 416 en route to the WH Sammis Power Plant on the Ohio River at Stratton OH near Wellsville. NS Chicago-Cleveland(NYC)-Alliance-Bayard-Stratton (PRR). After unloading the train goes another 20 or so miles to Mingo Jct. OH for inspection and then back to Wyoming. This plant has been cited by the EPA for polution problems so I think that is why it gets low sulfur coal from so far away.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0275 seconds