Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Norfolk Southern - former Conrail locomotives

Date: 09/13/06 13:02
Norfolk Southern - former Conrail locomotives
Author: NSDash9

For those interested in the former Conrail locomotives, I have added a new feature to my website. It is a listing of all the locomotives that NS acquired from Conrail, listed by the Conrail number, along with the NS number(s). For active units, the current NS number is listed, along with what paint scheme the unit is currently painted in. Here is a direct link to the listing:

http://www.nsdash9.com/crrepaints.html

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 09/13/06 14:53
Re: Norfolk Southern - former Conrail locomotives
Author: nssd70

Been hoping you would do something like that. I visit your site all the time. Keep up the good work.

Doug

Date: 09/13/06 19:14
Author: CR70MAC

Chris,

The roster is well done! Glad to see that you put it together. Would you consider doing current railroad reporting marks and roadnumbers for the units that are listed as retired? I think that would be a nice addition to the already excellent roster. I can lend assistance in finding some 'names and numbers' for those retired units if you decide to go along with the idea.

-Scott, Philly PA
http://www.northeastrailworks.com

Date: 09/13/06 21:10
Author: AmericanLines

While we are talking about ex-Conrail locos any word on whats going to happen with the 40 GP15-1's that NS is looking to sell. I imagine GATX Rail would love to pick them up.

Date: 09/13/06 21:33
Author: CR70MAC

AmericanLines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While we are talking about ex-Conrail locos any
> word on whats going to happen with the 40 GP15-1's
> that NS is looking to sell. I imagine GATX Rail
> would love to pick them up.

I would think GATX, or possibly LLPX would be interested in them. I have not heard a confirmed answer yet however. I'm sure as soon as someone finds out it will be posted on Trainorders as well as the Loconotes Yahoo board.

-Scott, Philly PA
http://www.northeastrailworks.com

Date: 09/13/06 23:03
Author: cr6972

good job, chris! that looks real good.

Date: 09/13/06 23:24
Author: NSDash9

Thanks to all.

Scott, that is something I would like to do eventually. Right now I am working on a photo feature for the site and I have another idea in mind when time allows.

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 09/16/06 11:13
Author: railwayman69

What and where are some good places on NS to see any former Conrail locomotives at?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds