Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSXT Carmak - Milledgeville, GA

Date: 11/02/06 07:34
CSXT Carmak - Milledgeville, GA
Author: DocJohn

I am heading up to Augusta late morning on Sunday to pick up a model RR locomotive. In intend taking the back roads from Macon and following subject line. Any idea of frequency and timing of coal trains that use that line?

DocJohn
Macon, GA

Date: 11/02/06 07:40
Re: CSXT Carmak - Milledgeville, GA
Author: SCL1517

The timing is totally random. Some days there may be 2-4 movements on that line, and some days none. One load and one empty is probably typical.

Date: 11/02/06 12:17
Re: CSXT Carmak - Milledgeville, GA
Author: SVTS

And it is Camak by the way. You'll be in my neck of the woods Sunday. Seems like there have been more coal trains, loaded and empty coming off the line from Spartansburg. In any event, try and leave time to hang around downtown for a bit. NS runs along 6th street, though timing would be about the same as the line from Milledgeville: You could sit for hours and see nothing, or you could get lucky as the case has been with me several times. I normally park at Taylor and 6th, which allows you to see trains on all 3 lines that feed into Augusta as they funnel past there. There is a switch indicator signal there. If it is green, it is lined up for CSX, yellow means it is lined up for NS street running. By default, it will be lined up for CSX. Drive safe and good luck.

Chris Bogley
Bowie, MD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2265 seconds