Home Open Account Help 196 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Station Resturant Berea, Ohio

Date: 02/07/07 15:26
Station Resturant Berea, Ohio
Author: agrafton

Railfans

Had to take my wife to the Home & Flower show at the IX Center, Cleveland OH. Right next door to Berea, hot railfanning site and the Station Restaurant. We've eaten there many times always a good meal and a brew. When you leave on the way to your car you'll get to catch a e/b or a w/b CSX, I caught this e/b. Very overcast I tried to save this picture

alan

I still absolutely refuse to press 1 for English

Date: 02/07/07 16:13
Re: Station Resturant Berea, Ohio
Author: Enginecrew

Good shot Allen, are there a fair number of trains per day on this main?

As for not pressing "1" for English; gotta agree with ya there!

Date: 02/07/07 17:26
Station Restaurant
Author: CSXQ167

Trains, not a problem. Between NS and CSX, there is about 105-120 trains a day. Even the Wheeling and Lake Erie every day except Monday.

Date: 02/08/07 06:20
Re: Station Restaurant
Author: wabash2800

Does the railroad still use the tower?

Am glad to see the station was saved. It has interesting architecture. I jokingly call that style" frankenstein" but it deserves more respect than that. Acually, you don't see many stations anymore with that style.

Date: 02/08/07 07:13
Author: richs

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the railroad still use the tower?

YES. EQUIPMENT INSIDE AND ALSO USED BY THE SIGNAL MAINTAINERS AS AN "OFFICE".

> Am glad to see the station was saved. It has
> interesting architecture. I jokingly call that
> style" frankenstein" but it deserves more respect
> than that. Acually, you don't see many stations
> anymore with that style.

THE RESTAURANT IS ON THE HISTORIC REGISTER, WITH A NICE HISTORICAL SIGN OUT FRONT. AS FAR AS I KNOW IT WAS NEVER IN DANGER OF BEING TORN DOWN. THEY ARE DOING MUCH BETTER NOW THAT THE LONG TIME CHEF OF THE PUFFERBELLY PURCHASED IT AND RAMPED UP THE MENU AND SUMMER ENTERTAINMENT OUTSIDE AND RENAMED IT THE "STATION".
RICH S.

Date: 02/08/07 08:26
Author: Gateway97

good food! The fried Lake Erie Perch and chips is delicious!

Date: 02/08/07 10:20
"Hot Pig" on menu
Author: cinder

You can order a rack of ribs inside while there are small craft warnings on your water glass when a CSX pig train roars by at 60mph!

Date: 02/08/07 10:38
Re: Station Restaurant Berea, Ohio
Author: agrafton

ditto to all thing said about the Station Restaurant like I 've said my wife and I have eaten there many, many times and they have a great menu selection. I have been trying...kind of to get them to raise the seats out by the tracks so you can see the trains a little better, don't think it will happen though. On the inside if you take a little time and look around the different rooms are filled with all kind on railroad memorabilia and photos

alan

and the restaurant is not even close to considering pressing 1 for English

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds