Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Dwarf Signals

Date: 08/11/07 12:35
Dwarf Signals
Author: Amtrak-30

Hello all can anyone direct me to some scaled drawings of a 2 aspect (red/yellow) dwarf signal. I am going to try to buld one in a smaller scale but I need to know what the actual sizes are. Thanks in advance.

Jason
Amtrak 30

Date: 08/11/07 17:50
Re: Dwarf Signals
Author: livesteamer

Jason,

You are going to need to be a little more specific with regard to what road you are trying to model. Pennsy dwarfs do not look like B&O dwarfs and Erie dwarfs did not look like Lackawanna or New York Central. Get the idea?

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 08/11/07 17:56
Author: video7105

Yeah, Marty sure does have a point.......... some of those Pennsy one are 6' tall too (i.e. N. and S. Millersburg, PA) as shown in William Knapp's picture at N. Millersburg, on Railpictures.net, on the left side of picture.........

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=95372&nseq=16

Date: 08/11/07 18:43
Author: livesteamer

would also just do a google search for "railroad signals"

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 08/11/07 20:20

I am looking for the dimensions of the dwarf in Elkhart at MP421. Its gaurds the "coach track" in the eastward direction. Sorry I have no photos and I dont want to tresspass to get my measurments. Sorry for not stating what I wanted in better detail. By the way I did do a Google search and came up with so much it was just overwelming.

Date: 08/11/07 23:28
Author: Evan_Werkema

Don't know if it's the kind you want, but here's a two-color dwarf at the at the NYC museum in Elkhart that they might let you measure: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=312649

Date: 08/12/07 01:43
Author: video7105

Is this the dwarf signal you are trying to model, picture was taken by scooterb, as shown on Railpictures.net, located at Elkhart?

Date: 08/12/07 05:09

Yes, that is the one is video's photo. The reason for the plans, I am going to be making a few different types of signals for a 7 1/2" gauge railroad. They will not be true to scale next to the little trains but I would like a smaller copy of that on in the photo.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds