Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Florida vacation images

Date: 11/09/07 14:20
Florida vacation images
Author: stlrailfan

Hello List,

I thought I would share a few images taken last week on my trip with family to central Florida specifically Walt Disney World, while this was a family vacation my brother Mike and I did squeeze in about 10 hours of railfanning during our seven day trip. One day we spent about 6 hours over on the FEC covering the area's between Ft Pierce and Cocoa, Fla we were rewarded with 6 trains total although 2 were local's. We also spent one afternoon and one morning basically railfanning CSXT Sanford sub between Taft yard and downtown Orlando Fl. I have included a total of six images so enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think.
Mark Mautner
Maryland Heights, Mo

1. CSX ES44AC # 5332 hustles train Q177-02 south on CSX's Sanford sub at downtown Orlando, Fl in this view taken near the Orlando Amtrak depot on the morning of november 2nd 2007.
2. CSX GP39-2 # 4310 leads taft based local A775_02 past work train A031-02 behind "vetran" B36-7 # 5875. This location is on CSX Sanford sub at a location called " pinecastle" at Orlando, Fl on November 2nd 2007.
3. Florida Central train Z915-05 ( actually CSX's symbol for this move ) has just entered home rails at downtown Orlando, Florida on the evening of November 5th 2007. This train powered by a pair of ex ATSF GP7U's makes a turn into CSXT Taft yard to deliver and pull FCEN traffic.

Date: 11/09/07 14:32
Re: Florida vacation images part #2
Author: stlrailfan

List,

Now for the images for the six hours on the FEC, we battled clouds and trains running the wroung way for photography but we did the best we could with what was available.

1. FEC SD70M-2 # 101 plus a SD40-2 leads FEC train # 206 ( Hialeah -Miami to Bowden -Jacksonville) northbound near the FEC yard in Ft Pierce, Florida on November 1st 2007. Again the light is not the best but we missed the # 202 later with a SD70M-2 on the point while we were having lunch at Wendy's which you cant have in St Louis anymore!!!
2. FEC GP40-2 # 422 leads train # 920 a local which operates as a turn from Ft Pierce to Pineda and return over the Indian River Lagoon at Melbourne, Florida on November 1st 2007.
3. FEC GP40-3 # 404 one of the last in the old hurricane scheme is seen on train #336 a loaded rock train which runs from Medley near Miami to Cocoa, Florida. This train is seen being unloaded at the Rinker Material facility at Cocoa on the afternoon on November 1st 2007.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0983 seconds