Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Wanna see some NS?

Date: 11/22/07 20:01
Wanna see some NS?
Author: GP35

I started out my day wandering and driving around the Washington, D.C. area this Thanksgiving Day. A stop at the old NS Van Dorn St. Yard in Alexandria, Virginia this Thursday morning yielded some big and beautiful NS power. The black and white scheme is so so to some railfans but those NS Horse head logos are sharp looking. The unit numbers were NS 7513, 2604, 7517, 6572, 9272, 7115, and 7047.

Gilbert.

Date: 11/22/07 20:06
Re: Wanna see some NS?

Here are some more pic's. On the last pic I included a shot of a John Deere hydraulic excavator being used for some sort of construction work going on in the old intermodal terminal yard area. Hope someone here can fill me in on what's going on in the old intermodal yard.

Gilbert

Date: 11/22/07 20:19
Author: 5-String

Thanks for posting. Since 203/204 was rerouted, are there any other NS trains in Alexandria besides the 342/343 mixed through freight, the rock train local, the Pepco/paper local, and the occasional incoming coal train?

Date: 11/23/07 07:51
Author: mebuscher

Where did you park? I've been run off by the police several times for pulling off on the side of the road, only because your not allowed to park there. Guess you gotta get there between 'em.

Date: 11/23/07 07:56
Author: chuchubob

Wanna see some more NS? 39G waiting for a signal at C.P. Hatch, Pennsauken, NJ, on thanksgiving morning.

Date: 11/23/07 15:29

Since I normally go to visit Van Dorn NS Yard on the weekends I simply park at the Van Dorn Metro subway train parking lot. The lot is free to park on the weekends and holidays. Gates are held in the up position on those days. You do not have to worry about using your Smartrip Card. Nice photo's can be shot through the chain link fence at the Metro parking lot. My John Deere pic is shot through the fence openings.

Hope this helps,

Gilbert

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds