Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Laurinburg Southern & Carolina Southern RR's Questions?

Date: 04/21/08 10:26
Laurinburg Southern & Carolina Southern RR's Questions?
Author: mjbobb

Will be on vacation to Southern NC and Myrtle Beach area's in a couple weeks and was wondering how the operations are going on these rr's today. What days do the run and call times and frequencies for the scanner.

Thanks all.

Date: 04/21/08 11:30
Re: Laurinburg Southern & Carolina Southern RR's Questi
Author: jch9596

Per my expirience the Laurinburg & Southern gets started sometime in the morning, 8 a.m. or so. Sometimes they leave their power at the Murphy-Brown Feed Mill. (Corky is the receptionist and Miles is the plant manager.) Other times it is at the engine house just a few miles away. They roster three black G&O SW1500s, but they still have a few 70 tonners, end cabs and an Alco or two around in various stages of decay. (Johnson Rail Service U18B #9502 was there last time I was, too.)

The Carolina Southern is another matter. I've seen them head out from Conway, Mullins or Chadbourne in the morning. Others may be able to help you more than I can. Also try the Carolina Rails Yahoo Group which I moderate for others that may not see this message here.

Joe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds