Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sand Patch Weather

Date: 12/16/08 10:01
Sand Patch Weather
Author: altoonafn

Does anyone know what the weather is looking like for tomorrow on Sand Patch. I am particularly interested in the East Slope from about Meyersdale to Hyndman. Also, what is the condition of the roads leading to Foley?

Date: 12/16/08 10:19
Re: Sand Patch Weather
Author: toledopatch

Courtesy of the National Weather Service:

This Afternoon: Snow and sleet. High near 30. East wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tonight: Freezing rain before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 26. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming south. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind between 8 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Southeast wind around 6 mph.

Date: 12/16/08 10:21
Author: mjbobb

Frz rain changing to plain rain showers by afternoon so not a very good day to be out unless you dont mind that type of weather. Supposed to be pretty crappy all wekk too they are saying. I wouls suspect the road to the Foley overlook will be an ice skating rink til it thaws out later in the day if at all.

Date: 12/16/08 11:51
Author: altoonafn

Ok thanks. Maybe I will stick closer to home then.

Date: 12/16/08 18:22
Author: TrackOne

Thursday and Saturday will have partial sunshine....Accuweather.
Kinda crapy with three inches of snow tonight in Cumberland.
Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds