Home Open Account Help 158 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Engine Question

Date: 04/30/09 09:19
Engine Question
Author: CTHA

A few days ago I caught a Martin Marietta Aggregates (MMAX) engine in town. I am still not good at looking at an Engine and telling what type it is. I was wondering if someone could tell me the type? I usually use a roster listing and match the number to the type. Is there a list describing Engines and how to tell them apart? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
CTHA
www.ctha.org

Date: 04/30/09 09:40
Re: Engine Question
Author: Nictd1000

I would say that looks like an ex ATSF GP-7u.

Ryan

Date: 04/30/09 10:21
Author: rhmich

Where did you see that at? Saw this locomotive at CSX Barr Yard in Chicago on April 17-18. Large card in the cab window with the letters MWAX on it, (still Martin Marietta) and was wondering where it was headed.

Date: 04/30/09 10:36
Author: CTHA

rhmich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where did you see that at? Saw this locomotive
> at CSX Barr Yard in Chicago on April 17-18. Large
> card in the cab window with the letters MWAX on
> it, (still Martin Marietta) and was wondering
> where it was headed.

I saw it in Cincinnati ohio. It was on Q375 heading south. Q375 is listed as Cumberland, Willard, Dayton, Cincinnati. Where it went to after that I am not sure.

CTHA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/09 10:36 by CTHA.

Date: 04/30/09 11:37
Author: scraphauler

Left Cincinnati on Q69824 Friday and went to Hamlet NC. Currently in Wilmington NC and should be headed up to the end of the line at Castle Hayne.

Interestingly (at least to me), CSXT 7872 showing in the picture left Cincinnati on Q13423, worked it's way over to Avon, left Avon on Q23926, hit UP rails at Salem IL Sunday night and is currently in Marshall TX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/09 11:42 by scraphauler.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds