Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some more from White River Junction, VT

Date: 06/28/09 14:53
Some more from White River Junction, VT
Author: KevinB

Taking advantage of intermittent sunshine during the weekend days (since I am working nights right now at Dartmouth), I found a couple interesting moves out of White River Junction this weekend. On Friday afternoon the Federal Railroad Administration test car (DOTX) 219 arrived in White River on the trek north towards Burlington, VT. The car has been making its rounds on New England railroads and the NECR is the current testing grounds. The FRA 219 is seen at the WRJ station and in the company of the NECR 3844.

Date: 06/28/09 14:56
Re: Some more from White River Junction, VT

Then after waking up on Sunday afternoon, I ventured out to grab a bite to eat and to head over and check out the NECR/VRS to see if any extra moves were in the works. As I headed for lunch I heard the NECR train 600 working. Heard the crew talking about picking up the CLCs and the ‘locomotive’…hmm. Could they be grabbing the CLC Alco? I grabbed some chicken, slaw and a soda for the trip to head trackside to WRJ. Soon after I arrived I didn’t have time to even dig in when I saw the NECR 600 backing towards the WRJ NECR yard…with the CLC Alco S4 on the north end!

The other end had the single NECR GP38 3844 shoving the cut of cement cars off the CLC. After performing some switching and building the 27-car train, the NECR 3844 and CLC 105 headed south with the NECR train 600, passing the WRJ station and the FRA test car.

I opted to head to Windsor to try and catch the train passing the station. As I awaited its arrival, I heard the horns blowing at a distant crossing. Squealing tires were heard and an SUV with a trio of young girls pulled in just ahead of the train. I heard lots of chatter but had no idea what was about to transpire. The three headed to the rails and quickly placed coins on the rail head – just as the 40mph train approached…

Date: 06/28/09 14:57

As the train passed, they managed to become topless to flash the train crew, though I won’t display those photos here…I will display the one that I was trying to manage with the well-lit NECR 3844 and CLC 105 (not to mention the well lit young women who managed to pull their bottles of alcohol out as the train continued its passage).

Date: 06/28/09 15:30
Author: stlrailfan

Kevin,

Good shots and great narritive as well!!! Once while railfanning the KCT in Kansas City I had a crew member moon me from Soo Line wide vision caboose. I hate to say the the crew member was a male so needless to say we were not to excited.
Take Care,

Mark Mautner

Date: 06/28/09 16:00
Author: rcall31060

Obviously, I've got to come east and go railfanning with you, Kevin!!!

Bob Callahan
Monticello, IN

Date: 06/28/09 17:37
Author: Lackawanna484

I'm glad to see the B&M locomotive model is back on the wind indicator atop the station. It was missing for several years, I believe.

Date: 06/29/09 20:00
Author: emd_run8

KevinB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As the train passed, they managed to become
> topless to flash the train crew, though I won’t
> display those photos here…

Where are you going to display them???
TV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1049 seconds