Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Re; Fall foliage in the Bear Mountain, NY area...

Date: 10/21/09 08:40
Re; Fall foliage in the Bear Mountain, NY area...
Author: dwi189

In reading the earlier thread inquiring about Fall foliage in the Hudson Valley, NY...I figured that pictures speak louder than words...and I had a few hours this morning before work, so I zipped up to the overlook atop Dunderberg Mountain for a couple of hours to grab some shots.....

Colors are getting there, but have not peaked yet...appears that another week or so is needed until peak colors hit...

The sunny skies predicted did not turn out that way with clouds predominating...I caught 5 trains between 8:15AM and 9:05AM....Q110, Q108, Q271, Q169 and a SB ethanol....unfortunately, under dreary lighting.....I grabbed some foliage shots when the sun made a brief appearance.....Hopefully, Thursday's weather will turn out better as I plan to be out all day.....

Some foliage shots from the overlook this morning.....Dave Williams

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/09 09:10 by dwi189.

Date: 10/21/09 08:44
Re: Re; Fall foliage in the Bear Mountain, NY area...

A few more pics showing the level of color around Bear Mountain....

Dave W.

Date: 10/21/09 08:49

While the sun was out, I managed to catch some New Haven color with Fall colors on a Northbound Metro-North passenger consist....

Dave W.

Date: 10/21/09 08:52

So, that sums up the current foliage situation at Bear Mountain....

I have a fairly ambitious itinerary planned for tomorrow (Thursday) in the area...Hopefully, sun will prevail as I hope to be out all day....Dave Williams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/09 08:57 by dwi189.

Date: 10/21/09 14:28
Author: M-24Sniper

Thanks for the update Dave. Looking at heading up there next week pending my work schedule.

Date: 10/21/09 19:43

M-24Sniper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the update Dave. Looking at heading up
> there next week pending my work schedule.

Yes..weather has been the fly in the ointment much of this year in the Northeast with clouds and rain...

Thursday looks to be the best day of the next several with highs in the low 70's...I hope the clouds stay away tomorrow...

A s far as upcoming weather in the area,Friday into Saturday is calling for heavy rain....Sunday drying out a bit...Dave W.

Date: 10/22/09 02:56

Well, the weatherman blew the forecast again....I went to bed Wednesday night with a mostly sunny day forecast for today (Thursday) and wake up to a 'mostly cloudy to cloudy' forecast 6 hours after I went to bed......Can't catch a break this year it seems weatherwise.....Dave Williams

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds