Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CPL signals

Date: 01/18/10 19:23
CPL signals
Author: mab

I vaguely recall someone asking a little while back for photos of CPL signals. I'm afraid I can't find the thread (I think it was here), but here's a quick shot of a double CPL signal on the former B&O in Philadelphia at Vine St, with the left track showing "approach medium" and the right showing "stop". (That's the Philadelphia Art Museum in the background.) The northbound Juice train went by a few minutes later (not sure if it was early or late; it normally comes through around 5am)

A full resolution version (CC non-commercial license) is available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattblaze/4287006074/

Date: 01/18/10 19:30
Re: CPL signals
Author: im_trainman

absolutely beautiful, love those CPL's

Date: 01/18/10 20:06
Author: jonjonjonjon

Just how much longer will those CPLs be up at Vine? I keep expecting to see them gone after all the fuss that the city made about trains blocking access to the bike paths - seems like CSX would be pressured to move the Vine interlocking back to Locust St. so trains don't block the crossings.

Date: 01/18/10 20:16
Author: mab

jonjonjonjon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just how much longer will those CPLs be up at
> Vine? I keep expecting to see them gone after all
> the fuss that the city made about trains blocking
> access to the bike paths - seems like CSX would be
> pressured to move the Vine interlocking back to
> Locust St. so trains don't block the crossings.

For the last year or so, I've noticed very few trains stopped between Locust and Vine. Northbound/eastbound trains mostly seem to stop just short of the Locust crossing these days rather than fouling the two crossings by stopping at Vine. So CSX seems to be able to do this without moving the interlocking. Let's hope anyway; I really like that signal!

Date: 01/19/10 04:00
Author: CGTower

Is it me, or is that green a bit more of "lime" green then blue green?

CG Tower, who loves CPL too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds