Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > One of my favorite train watching spots.

Date: 07/31/10 19:53
One of my favorite train watching spots.
Author: drjones1

Photo 1; Looking north. - Photo 2; Looking west. - Photo 3; Looking south.

Date: 07/31/10 19:54
One of my favorite train watching spots. (Cont.)
Author: drjones1

Photo 4; Looking east, the traffic congestion and dust do increase quite a lot on Friday nights about 7:00pm. (South grandstands Attica Raceway Park, Attica Ohio)

Date: 07/31/10 21:05
Re: One of my favorite train watching spots. (Cont.)
Author: tq-07fan

Ha! When I worked for Sperry Rail Service during my three weeks on Norfolk Southern we were parked in Attica. I went and saw the Outlaws, I think, on the Friday night. It was a good crowd, good time and yes good train watching. I guess I needed that because the weekend before we were in Belleville Michigan so my dad came up and we went to Michigan International Speedway for the August 1996 race. Norfolk Southern was probably the most unforgiving railroad in regard to where they would tie the Sperry car up but it was odd that I was able to watch racing action both weekends, and haven't made it back to a race track since.

Jim

Date: 08/01/10 05:05
Author: cf7

They sure put the grandstands far enough away from the track!
Maybe that's why most people there watch the trains....?
cf7

Date: 08/01/10 07:35
Author: orion183

Maybe that dirt road in front of the grandstand is an abandoned ROW!!! You need binoculars from the good seats......

Date: 08/01/10 19:13
Author: aric_4103

wow i dont remember the road being there a couple years ago

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds