Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The 68th run of the CSX Santa train on the Clinchfield

Date: 11/25/10 18:44
The 68th run of the CSX Santa train on the Clinchfield
Author: EMBell

Carmon, Butch Adkins and myself made a rather hasty and last minute decision last Friday evening to head over and shoot the CSX Santa Train between Elkhorn City, Ky and Kingsport, TN. The weather had looked "iffy" all week, but the forecast for the weekend was mostly sunny for the area, but boy did they get that wrong! To be honest, if I had known that mostly sunny would equal nothing but clouds, we would have stayed home.

We left home at 0230 Saturday morning, picked up Butch in Lexington, and made the long trek to Pikeville to meet up with a couple of friends from the area, who would be our guides for the day. It had been 9 years since I had been in the area, and the expert guide was most appreciated! We got to Elkhorn City just after sunrise, and spent the rest of the day shooting the Santa train...in the clouds. Someone made the comment that devil must have had to turn up the heat, seeing as how I was out shooting CSX, but a little change is good every now and then, and atleast it DID have a pair of EMD's on it :)

Check the link for my shots from the trip..who knows when you might see me post something shot on CSX again!

http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/gallery/csxsanta2010

#1 Its a little before 0730 and the Sun is just up as the train crosses the Levisa Fork River, entering Elkhorn City KY.

#2. Santa, Wynonna Judd and other crew members on the rear of the train as they departed from St. Paul Va. I would not be hit with a Pop-Tart on this day..

E.M. Bell , KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY
Jreb.org NS group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/10 18:48 by EMBell.

Date: 11/26/10 05:14
Re: The 68th run of the CSX Santa train on the Clinchfi
Author: SI-Tower

Is that a security camera mounted in the center of the car?

Date: 11/26/10 06:05
Re: The 68th run of the CSX Santa train on the Clinchfi
Author: trainman630

Great shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1286 seconds