Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Finally some Foreign Power here....

Date: 01/04/11 22:31
Finally some Foreign Power here....
Author: GP35

NS appears to be a great line to railfan with all the foreign/ lease units roaming it's vast system. I see pictures of it everyday on the various websites out there. On New Years eve I took a trip down to Alexandria, Virginia and checked out the NS old Southern Railway Van Dorn Street Yard. I was delighted to see BNSF 5666 basking in the late evening sun and facing toward the Van Dorn Street overpass which is where I took these following telephoto pics from. I don't see foreign/ lease power at Van Dorn too often. The old intermodal yard has been converted into an ethanol transloading facility in recent years.

Enjoy,

Gilbert

Date: 01/04/11 22:38
Re: Finally some Foreign Power here....

Here are some more interesting power sighted at the NS Van Dorn Yard recently.

Top pic is a leased UP C40-8 idling away on Friday December 24, 2010.

Middle pic is NS 6666 also idling away at Van Dorn on Sunday December 19, 2010.

Last pic was taken on Dec 19th also. This shot shows the massive Alexandria city trash incinerator in action. Pic taken from the pedestrian walkway on the Van Dorn Street overpass.

Hope you enjoyed,

Gilbert

Date: 01/05/11 09:20
Author: 5-String

Nice shots... do they use the caboose when shoving empty coal cars from the Alexandria power plant?

Date: 01/05/11 09:22

Good question, I don't know if the caboose is used on the Pepco run but hopefully someone here has the knowledge.

Gilbert

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds