Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Medina New York

Date: 07/21/11 08:08
Medina New York
Author: roadrunner

Thanks to everyone for the information you gave me about the Medina Railroad Museum. The depot with the memorabilia and the HO model railroad was worth the price of admission. The director of the museum was very helpful with information about the history of the museum and up coming events.
The New York Central E9's are on a Northwest siding in front of the museum. They are not shootable on the firemans side due to clutter and debris in the way. The late afternoon sun would be good engineers side but the trucks would still not be on good light.

Date: 07/21/11 08:13
Re: Medina New York
Author: retcsxcfm

I see you got'em Nick.

Uncle Joe-Seffner,Fl.

Date: 07/21/11 08:36
Author: cgrabow

Uncle Joe, please note these were taken with a DIGITAL camera. Ol Nick is starting to get with the program now. Also you wouldn't believe it but we spent about a half hour weed whacking before we could get this. The fellow running the place is an absolute riot. As a retired fireman, he knows more jokes than a professional comedian.

Chet

Date: 07/21/11 17:27
Author: hepc46

Oh god, you didn't get Marty telling jokes did you!?!? Yikes, took you're life in your own hands there. Marty is a very good friend of mine, and very well respected. He's had a rough couple years, but has an amazing amount of supporters, not just local, but from other organizations as well. He has done amazing things there, and I can't wait for the day he gets the E units up and running. However, if you get him talking, better be prepared to spend a few hrs, you'll be lucky to get away from him!! A good guy all around, and your pics of the E's are great. Gotta get over there to see them one of these days.

Ken Jones
Niagara Railway Museum Inc.
www.nfrm.ca

Date: 07/21/11 17:51
Author: Pattenburg

Ken- my wife and I also had a chance to meet Marty on our trip up there in June and I agree with everything you said about him. We had arrived a half hour prior to the museum's official opening time and Marty opened the museum up and brewed a pot of coffee. Real nice guy!

Date: 07/21/11 18:52
Author: roadrunner

We need more people like Marty in this world. He says he's going to do something and it get done. I was amazed at the HO layout, I think he said it's 300'long by 30' wide and it was built in 7 years with help with his friends. When the E's are repainted and up and running I'll be back.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds