Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question About Port Road/Delmarva Traffic Levels

Date: 07/28/11 06:22
Question About Port Road/Delmarva Traffic Levels
Author: CSXT_8437

Good Morning:

How many trains per day currently use the Port Road and what are the symbols? Also, what trains go towards the Delmarva Penninsula? I will be in the Harrington area and would like to get a few pictures.

Thank you in advance.

Date: 07/28/11 10:03
Re: Question About Port Road/Delmarva Traffic Levels
Author: nscpmo

If you're going to be Harrington you should be able to catch 12G/13G since 12G terminates there and 13G originates there. Most of the Port Road traffic runs at night and early morning so I suggest you pull an all nighter if you want to see all the traffic there. This should help you out just look at all the trains that run on the Port Road.
http://www.parailfan.com/Database/V2-0/results.php

---Nick

Date: 07/28/11 10:06
Author: stevelv

If you can get hold of any Railpace issues they had a great article on Delmarva operations a few months back.

Date: 07/28/11 10:33
Author: varailfan

12G usually makes the run from the NEC to Harrington in the mid to late morning hours. I saw it coming through Dover at 11:30 AM on Tuesday. Northbound 13G typically pulls from Harrington around 7:00 PM, give or take. Common practice is for the yard crew to pull the train to the north end of the siding in the late afternoon hours. They'll stop to work Jello Yard in Dover so if you want any daylight shots, I'd plan on getting them before the train reaches Dover.

The aforementioned Railpace article ran in the October 2009 issue.

Jeff Hawkins

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0263 seconds