Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Santa Train's future

Date: 11/20/00 14:38
Santa Train's future
Author: ExtraSouth

Guys and gals,

Just wanted to drop you all a line allowing an interesting piece of news I learned from some CSX officials yesterday. They said that after this year, IF the Santa train runs there will be no candy or toys thrown from the train while it is moving. They say it is too much of a saftey hazard. The alternative is they will make several more stops along the line to distribute these things and run line speed otherwise. Feedback?

Date: 11/21/00 10:27
RE: Santa Train's future
Author: ohcr1551

I know that people have branded me as a hopeless hardnose in the past, but if you see the way some people-not all, but that inevitable percentage--behave when the train goes through, you'd understand the logic of stopping. When we had the chance to have a Santa train nearby, no one ran to the train to get anything.
One lawyer (of all people) not only took his kids to the CSX Santa Train all the way from Ohio, but bragged to our local paper about how they got right in there and fought for the loot. Of such are lawsuits made. It's a shame.

Date: 11/22/00 10:39
Author: HEAVYDUTY

Having witnessed the passage of the SANTA TRAIN several times in the past,I would be more concerned with people getting hit by the train more than I would a peppermint patty.it was all over the 6:00 news showing parents and kids waiting on the train,and where were they at? wandering around in the middle of the tracks, bunch of Hoyts--HD

Date: 11/23/00 07:21
Author: radioman2

This is just what is to all of the US.We don't run the US the lawyer's do,this is a very sad trend.I beleive this is what happened to the NS steam program.I hope the santa train escapes this sad death.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds