Inside Of Sand Patch Tower
Author: Art

A nice view of the inside of the tower.

Art

Date: 11/21/00 13:17
RE: Inside Of Sand Patch Tower
Author: roadrat

Had pizza there last Thursday.
Ol' Pete never looked better in that shot.

Art, I know very well DE tower was a yard office.
I used to run for Cap Hursts lunch when he worked weekends.
They'd hand me a broom every now and then to sweep the floors. I had to earn my keep.
Every now and then, on Friday nite, a major card game would ensue in the billing agents office.
Those were the days!!!!!!!!!
Roadrat

Date: 11/21/00 14:19

Roadrat, you and I have gotten derailed some where big time. In 1980 I got qualified as conductor on the Summerset Johnstown run I went to Summerset and Cap was Trainmaster and also wreck master. I took a pix of him holding a engine up with one hand to cover a tall tale up that he told his Grand Children. He got the name Cap as he use to be a Capton on Railroad security. To show uou what kind of man Cap was we were trying to get to Cumberland To see the Steelers and ran a 10 mph slow order at 30 mph and put 40 cars on the ground.took all speed tapes off of all the units and buried them under a rock on the river bank and put new seals on the speed recorders. Cap came aboard and ask are there any speed tapes? No Cap he takes a 10 mph speed tape out of his pocket puts it on the head unit and said now there is as he put a new seal on the speed recorder. Cap always took care of us.

Art

Date: 11/21/00 19:57
Author: roadrat

And I always thought the "C" had something to do with his middle name.

He is the man!

Do you also remember Jack Mosier?

Roadrat

Date: 11/22/00 05:30

Roadrat,Jack Mosier are you refering to the yardmaster,Trainmaster at Johnstown? If so do you know anything about the great Junk Yard caper he was involved in?

Art

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds