Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sand Patch Interesting Containers

Date: 05/17/12 09:00
Sand Patch Interesting Containers
Author: jcb4green

While watching a Sand Patch Video (about 20 seconds into video) I saw some interesting containers.
I believe they are ammunition containers. Sorry about the quality, picture taken from the video.

Date: 05/17/12 09:11
Re: Sand Patch Interesting Containers
Author: MSchwiebert

Those are waste containers, could have anything in them from household waste (garbage) to sewage sludge, to the material captured during a bridge repainting project (grit, lead based paint chips etc.). Looks like they're all placarded so it would tend to rule out garbage though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/12 09:11 by MSchwiebert.

Date: 05/17/12 09:53
Author: dstill

I see a lot of military trains come through Waxhaw. The amomo one's usually are in single stacks with that sandy color container.

Date: 05/17/12 10:30
Author: shoretower

Those are EPIC cars, articulated two-section flat cars. The double-stacked containers are over the end truck, the single containers are on either side of the articulation.

These were designed to carry sewage sludge, but they can be used for anything heavy and semi-solid. They do carrying placarded stuff from time to time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds