Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Derail on KY Divison - Louisville District

Date: 02/28/01 13:14
Derail on KY Divison - Louisville District
Author: ExCon

Was out and heard some track work being done on the long trestle that runs about the length of downtown Shelbyville and stopped to take a look. Couldn't see it very well, but a few min. later I saw the NS trucks rolling on the tracks towards the East back to the NS depot in Shelbyville for west bound #239 that was stopped at a red at MP 309. I headed down to a nice photo spot and waited for about 20 minutes. I looked up and saw a man walking down the long straight away. As he got closer, I notice he had a radio on his belt. He came up to my car window and I asked, "you on #239?" and he said yes. I asked, "whats the hold up?" and he said that there was a derailment at about 5:30am this morning, 8 cars in all, no engines. I went down to the NS tracks over 53 where he said it happened and didn't see anything. By the time I got back to let him know what I'd seen, his train had pulled up and stopped at the depot. I heard dispatch give him a warrent to head to Tucker, so I guess they got it cleared up. It knocked out a signal of some sort, and they had a slow order all the way to the west end of Joyes.

Anyone have anymore info?

Date: 02/28/01 14:19
RE: Derail on KY Divison - Louisville District
Author: Rathole

It was #161, 8 cars sideways or off their trucks, pretty good amount of signal and track damage. Happened at 140 am just a little east of Joyes siding. Preliminary cause being placed on excessive tread build up on one of the cars. Should be opened late this afternoon.

Date: 02/28/01 14:44
RE: Derail on KY Divison - Louisville District
Author: ExCon

thanks for the info Rathole

will you be out and about around the Rathole this weekend? planning a small road trip, let me know if you'll be out.

thanks

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds