Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Conrail/CSX "West Shore Industrial Track"

Date: 03/07/01 14:06
Conrail/CSX "West Shore Industrial Track"
Author: St62

Looking on the Selkirk Branch in Rotterdam Junction, NY today I stumbled across the CSX "West Shore Industrial Track" that follows south of the Mohawk for who knows how long across from the Chicago Line. (It branches off of the Selkirk branch).Anyone know if this is used? Any details etc, this one has us stumped.

Also there is a very old ROW (with poles still in place) that follows route 5S for a ways, it can be seen from the Rotterdam Mall exit, among other places. Thanks!

Date: 03/07/01 15:26
RE: Conrail/CSX "West Shore Industrial Track"
Author: St62

Got my answer from an EGroup, thanks guys.

Date: 03/07/01 17:38
Author: toledopatch

Just for the benefit of others who may be curious, the West Shore I.T. west of Rotterdam Junction leads to a large ballast quarry at Pattersonville.

Date: 03/07/01 18:42
Author: Lackawanna484

...leads to a quarry.

Which is switched by an original EMD switcher, model 40 vintage 1939 or so. It's often positioned for decent shooting from public property in the afternoon.

The canal lock park across the street is a wonderful place to watch the Chicago Line, canal boats, and pleasure craft on the Mohawk River.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds