Home Open Account Help 176 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NH&I & PA NE New Hope to Souderton excursion SAT

Date: 08/24/12 20:09
NH&I & PA NE New Hope to Souderton excursion SAT
Author: Mgoldman

Passing on what would appear to be an inadvertent secret - wish I thought to post earlier.
RE: The New Hope and Ivyland Railroad and the "new" Pennsylvania Northeastern Railroad

Per my post on Facebook:

Mitch
Regarding this Saturday's trip to Lansdale, PA from New Hope, PA utilizing a push pull set of New Hope diesels on Saturday, 8-25-12:

A) Heard rumor of an unveiling (New paint scheme for Pennsylvania Northeastern). If so - why not get the word out?

B) Are trips to Souderton, PA (on former Reading ROW) future goals or possibly (still) part of this trip. Thought I read mention of a "side trip" after Lansdale at one point. Tough choice - rare milage or rare photo ops, too bad there are no photo runbys at key locations.

New Hope & Ivyland Railroad

Mitch, Thank you for your questions. A) Yes, the Pennsylvania Northeastern will be revealing a freshly painted locomotive which will be on display throughout the day in Lansdale. We did not release this information as we are not affiliated with the Pennsylvania Northeastern and did not feel it was our news to announce. We will say that we have seen the new paint scheme and think you will be very pleased :) B) Yes, we have 3 scheduled mini excursions from Lansdale to Souderton planned for 8/25 at 11:30am, 1:00pm, and 2:30pm. Tickets may be purchase in advance at our website or on location at Lansdale. We agree, this is a very rare oppurtunity to see Montgomery County from this view and we are very excited to offer this opportunity to local residents.

Hope a crowd comes out to support "both" railroads!

http://www.buckshappening.com/new-hope-railroad-ride-lansdale

/Mitch

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/12 20:26 by Mgoldman.

Date: 08/25/12 06:37
Re: NH&I & PA NE New Hope to Souderton excursion SAT
Author: cr2581

The newly painted locomotive was just reported by Lahaska on the rear of the train with no numberboards and maskng paper on the cab windows. Still a work in progress ???

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds