Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Vermont freight train derails

Date: 04/09/01 07:56
Vermont freight train derails
Author: bm2803

This is either a New England Central frieght or a Guilford frieght. How much do you want to bet it is GRS? The article came from the Boston Globe's Boston.com.

The link is here http://www.boston.com/news/daily/09/train.htm or you can read it below.

Dave

Vermont freight train derails, lands in Connecticut River

By Associated Press, 04/09/01

WESTMINSTER, Vt. -- A freight train went off the tracks early Monday and at least part of it landed in the Connecticut River.

Vermont State Police and emergency crews were at the scene of the crash at about 7:30 a.m. and few details were available.

Dispatchers said they knew the locomotive had ended up in the river, but they could not say how many cars had derailed into the water. There were reports that diesel fuel was leaking from the engine.

A fire department dispatcher said it was unclear if there were injuries.

Date: 04/09/01 10:26
RE: Vermont freight train derails
Author: SLR62

As much as I love the sarcasm it is totally uncalled for and defunct. "How much do you want to bet it was Guilford". @!#$, last time I checked Guilford has less derailments per mileage than most other railroads. Numbers could lie though.

Date: 04/09/01 10:27

What do you know, it was NECR.

Date: 04/09/01 12:07
Author: bm2803

Well, take it for what it is! Sarcasm;-O Nothing personal! I just couldn't resist, as Guilford seems to be everybody's favorite whipping boy! I will even admit to chasing GRS freights!

Happy and safe railfanning;-)

Dave

Date: 04/09/01 12:19

I will let you off on this one dave =) j/k have a good day!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0689 seconds