Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Geometry Car on the Frankfort District

Date: 05/02/01 10:54
NS Geometry Car on the Frankfort District
Author: eashock

NS is running the track geometry train up the Frankfort District towards Frankfort. I don't have a train number as I didn't have my scanner and caught him by accident. It's a single SD40-2 (6096?), a bay window caboose (Track inspection and equipment) and their Pullman converted Track Geometry car. Both the 'boose and Pullman were in maroon paint. Looked lovely! As luck would have it, though, no freakin camera! He came through Muncie right around 12 - 12:30 or so, Indiana time.

-Eric Shock

Date: 05/02/01 11:13
Murphy's Law
Author: skunk

Eric! "no freakin camera"! Thanks for the infomation.

Date: 05/02/01 18:16
RE: NS Geometry Car on the Frankfort District
Author: eashock

Actually, I found out that this train is going by the symbol "920." If that's the case, then this is the second time the train has been through Muncie in the past couple of days, as I heard him on the scanner a few days ago.

-Eric Shock

Date: 05/02/01 18:56
Author: retiredhogger

A lot of times they run to Lafayette IN and then return to Muncie then to Ft Wayne.

Date: 05/03/01 19:32
Author: rrjunction

...and they did that too, came west from Lafayette to Frankfort about 6pm Wed. night and went east out of the yard about 9 pm for Ft. Wayne!

Thanks for the tip

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds