Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Virginian Heritage #1069 takes a stroll through Georgia

Date: 10/11/12 17:57
Virginian Heritage #1069 takes a stroll through Georgia
Author: djy23

Norfolk Southern's Virginian Heritage SD70ACe #1069 was on the point of coke(?) train 76M today, 10/11/12, bound for Georgia Pacific in Cedar Springs,GA. I was fortunate enough to have a day off work and the timing couldnt have been better. For the past couple weeks every Thursday would feature a different heritage unit leading a coal train of some sort.

I ended up seeing 76M five different times between Cohutta,GA and Dallas,GA. Train was moving pretty good on clear signals the majority of the way. With it being a weekday and trying to drive through the somewhat large metropolitan area of Rome,GA around rush hour deterred me from getting a shot I really wanted at Green,GA. Oh well, not going to complain since it was a successful day without a doubt. I attached my three best photos from the day. Hope yall enjoy!

Picture 1 - 76M accelerating out of a 10mph speed restriction and up grade at Cohutta,GA. This is the line from Cleveland,TN that connects with the Atlanta North District.

Picture 2 - After a quarter mile sprint, 1069 blows by at CP Pinson just south of Hwy 140 & Hwy 53 intersection. The crossing in the background was closed along with most of the road so I had to park a good ways back.

Picture 3 - 76M takes the siding at Aragon,GA to meet northbound freight #348. Dynamics were howling & sounded cool.

I ended up getting him once more working up the grade at Braswell Mountain but I focused on the video which will be up soon at youtube.com/guitars14

Thanks for looking!

Date: 10/11/12 18:08
Re: Virginian Heritage #1069 takes a stroll through Geo
Author: jmbreitigan

Well done. Great way to spend your day off.
John

Date: 10/11/12 18:26
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Your third is the best. Well done...

Date: 10/11/12 18:33
Author: DJ-12

First shot is great. Thanks for showing an area we don't see much.

Date: 10/11/12 20:30
Author: stlrailfan

Sir,
super shots the VGN is my top 5 of the heritage units, hope it leads thru St Louis one day. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Mark Mautner

Date: 10/11/12 21:20
Author: PennRailVideos

Great shots, and I agree the third one is the best!

Date: 10/12/12 19:17
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds