Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Detroit line in Toledo

Date: 05/15/01 09:30
Detroit line in Toledo
Author: pennsy

Has anyone seen the huge amount of work going on at the Detroit line near I75?? new signals, and two new tracks crossing the river on the old NYC bridge that hasn't seen traffic since steam.

Pennsy

Date: 05/15/01 13:41
RE: Detroit line in Toledo
Author: toledopatch

Quite a few people have seen this, and there have been occasional news items here, on ERN, and elsewhere. NS is building a pair of mile-plus sidings to store Detroit Edison coal trains. The south end is just north of the I-75 UNDERPASS (new CP-54, near Exit 203) and the north end is at Sylvania Avenue (new CP-52). The interlockings are only on Track 2 (northward main).

Date: 05/15/01 13:45

Geesh, I can think of plenty of better places to store the cars. Why not put more tracks back into AirLine and be done with it.

Pennsy

PS I work over at FOX, Howdy!

Date: 05/15/01 21:14
Author: Deshlerrailfan

I can't wait to see all the new graphics the taggers will put on the DEEX cars parked in Toledo. I bet DE really likes that idea. They've probably never been in the area where their cars will be parked. Time will tell.

DRF

Date: 05/16/01 10:07

Yup, the area of the new "parking tracks" is very much the hood.

Pennsy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds