Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Former NKP signals going fast...

Date: 11/30/12 06:58
Former NKP signals going fast...
Author: IndianaHarbor

Dateline: northwest Indiana (da Region)...

In the Hammond, Indiana area only one of the former "Nickel Plate" signals remains now. MP 503 at Maywood Street.

The others at Indianapolis Boulevard and Columbia Avenue have been recently replaced. If you are in the area, go see this relic while you can.

Gary Clark
Griffith IN

Date: 11/30/12 08:17
Re: Former NKP signals going fast...
Author: swampfox

wonder if the replacement at Columbia Ave. for west bound moves is still an absolute signal. was basically a hold out signal for the IHB interlocking at Hohman Ave. Was one of two signals I knew that were absolute but not at an interlocking on this Chicago to Ft Wayne route the other at Argos.passed the 503 signal many times usually an advance approach for the IHB interlocking at Osborn. Thanks for posting

Date: 11/30/12 14:39
Author: halfmoonharold

Thanks for the news. Do you have any more information on when the others were replaced? I'm trying to keep track of the NKP stuff disappearing.

Date: 11/30/12 15:42
Author: Rob46580

As far as "holdout signals" between Ft Wayne and Chicago, theres 2 others you did not mention, one i can not confirm as being there before signals were changed, that would be Tippecanoe Holdout, a current controled signal not at an interlocking, first signal east of East Argos. Then one from the past not currently there was Claypool Holdout just east of Claypool.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds