Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Folkston Winterwatch Update

Date: 12/06/12 05:04
Folkston Winterwatch Update
Author: Narr8rdanny

Hello Everyone:

Everything is a GO for Folkston Winterwatch this weekend.

We'll be joined again by some members the SFRM. (I can only assume that stands for "South Florida Railfan Mafia") :-))

Plus, there will be fans from Pinellas County (St Pete/Clearwater), Orlando, The Carolinas, The Low Country, Some from Jacksonville and folks from all over Georgia.

We're not having an official cookout this time, but there will be plenty of vittles in town. Whistlin' Dixie is featuring barbecue sandwiches for Saturday lunch, plus she's always got Blue Bell Ice Cream. The Okefenokee restaurant is my favorite for breakfast, but there's McDonald's, Burger King and I think Mike's Deli is now a diner again.

Dawn Malin of the Okefenokee Chamber has once again finagled two of those giant mobile work lights to light up the tracks like a Friday night football game.

We will run those both Friday and Saturday nights. (We'll also take up a collection for fuel for them)

For those who use MURS Radio, our frequency for this event is 151.880 (MURS 2)

Here's the weather forecast as of this morning:

Friday - Afternoon rain Hi 72 Lo 55, 30%

Saturday - Partly Cloudy Hi 78 Lo 57 10%

Sunday - Mostly Sunny Hi 81 Lo 60 0%

We'll see Y'all in the Promised Land!

Danny Harmon

Tampa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/12 05:06 by Narr8rdanny.

Date: 12/06/12 05:44
Re: Folkston Winterwatch Update
Author: BaltoJoey

I'm curious about when the downtown camera will be operational again?

Date: 12/06/12 07:22
Author: swampfox

any news on the circus train?? maybe delayed till this weekend.......

Date: 12/06/12 09:45
Author: calsubd

arrived Orl. 730 am Wednesday, as per another thread here, Ed

Date: 12/06/12 11:35
Author: tjm6515

Danny & gang...

I won't be able to make it as work has me occupied for the weekend. With that said someone else needs to pick up the s'more making supplies. Oh and don't forget skewers/sticks so branches of native foliage with questionable toxicity to humans will not have to be utilized again!

TJ Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL

Date: 12/08/12 16:25
Author: swampfox

made it and had a good time and a great lunch next to the platform. got to walk around town and found a couple of gems like a Kennedy rocker and a picture framing shop. oh yea and some trains. the combo stack and auto rack train was most impressive to me, had never seen before.cant wait till next get together spring????

Date: 12/09/12 13:11
Author: moltensulphur

What a great get-together it was. I had a fabulous time. Thanks Danny.....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0898 seconds