Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NYC 1066 Location & Railfan Help

Date: 12/13/12 04:39
NYC 1066 Location & Railfan Help
Author: bigmc83

Hello All,

I plan on being in the southern Indiana/Kentucky area for the holidays (New Albany, IN area) and was curious if there are any good spots to catch the NYC Heritage unit. It looks like it's been consistently operating on the same trains for quite some time and was curious if there were any accessible places to catch it (either tied down or on the move). Any help would be appreciated!

-Sean

Date: 12/13/12 20:38
Re: NYC 1066 Location & Railfan Help
Author: srman

If your in New Albany just head for the riverfront park. Safe and a great view of the NS passing by. Yes the 1066 has been in rotation of leading the 77J/76J coal train. It lead it west this afternoon. I posted this last week on TO however here's
the 1066 last Friday leading 77J by the park in New Albnay. If you want to chase it just get on I-64 west and get off at the Georgetown exit. Indiana State Road 64 pretty much follows the line all the way to Illinois.

Date: 12/14/12 03:39
Author: dschlegel

There is a great discussion over on jreb.org covering these trains. Check them out, it's free to join and everyone on there seems to keep emotion out of their posts. I joined over the summer and while there's not a lot of fans in my area of the NS network, I do get some great heads up info from time to time on stuff heading my way.

Date: 12/14/12 06:14
Author: bigmc83

Thanks guys,

I am familiar with the park in New Albany, really nice spot. Srman-About what time did you catch the 77J? Thanks for the help guys and I do see that Jreb has some good articles covering this.

-Sean

Date: 12/15/12 19:30
Author: srman

This was slightly after twelve noon. However as you know times can vary day to day.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds