Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 1073 Penn Central...

Date: 12/15/12 11:24
NS 1073 Penn Central...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Latest I have is that she is on a NS 256; should be a Roadrailer terminating in Sandusky, Ohio...

Date: 12/15/12 13:22
Re: NS 1073 Penn Central...
Author: im_trainman

Rob45680 is reporting the 256 just now departing for Sandusky, it is in New Haven Indiana right now.

Date: 12/15/12 20:01
Author: P

These posts would be a lot more helpful if it was shared as to the locations and routing of such trains.

For 90 percent of us, this post was useless unless you are in or near Sandusky.

I like the frequency of posts, but most of us aren't very familiar with specific train numbers and their routines.

Date: 12/15/12 21:06
Author: im_trainman

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These posts would be a lot more helpful if it was
> shared as to the locations and routing of such
> trains.
>
> For 90 percent of us, this post was useless unless
> you are in or near Sandusky.
>
> I like the frequency of posts, but most of us
> aren't very familiar with specific train numbers
> and their routines.

I've never even heard of a 256 before, and Indiana is an enigma for me, I just know a guy who was in the field and he wanted me to relay it. I don't know the route or train routing and instead of not posting anything and being totally useless, I posted what I knew.

Date: 12/15/12 21:18

I appreciate it...thanks

Date: 12/16/12 06:18
Author: Rob46580

Well, If I am in the 90% that this information was useless group, I would shrug it off and move along, but those in the 10% category would have needed this information as fast as possible for any hopes of light and would had to been in an area close enough to already known what was coming. I had a little help knowing it had not left Ft. Wayne as I drove there, and thought maybe even just a single person would be interested in knowing it was done working in Ft. Wayne and on the move. On the road I didn't have time or want to burden a "messenger" and have them also explain to those who do not know that most roadrailers do not get thru Ft. Wayne without 2 or 3 hours work at the hub there. I nearly forgot this myself and figured it was long gone but ended up hopping in car and gathering what info i could along way and ended up with a couple pictures of a nice engine for a gray day I think.

1 is Myer Rd just after it come off the Union belt near the old International Harvester complex in Ft. Wayne.
2 is just west of the new overpass that crosses East Wayne yard just east of picture 1
both locations are on the ex Wabash east of downtown Ft. Wayne

Date: 12/16/12 08:11

I would not be surprised if this locomotive takes coal empties back to Shire Oaks like the 8025 did on 573 as well as the 8101 did too on a x73. Have a good day everyone...

Date: 12/16/12 22:31
Author: DRGW5502

So cool. I still can't believe this happened.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds