Eastern Railroad Discussion > Elyria,Ohio Train Spots

Date: 06/26/01 10:31
Elyria,Ohio Train Spots
Author: jim55

Will be in Elyria Sat wondered if any train hot spots are nearby? Thanks Jim55

Date: 06/26/01 10:38
RE: Elyria,Ohio Train Spots
Author: toledopatch

Elyria is about 10 miles west of Berea, OH, which is one of the busiest locations east of Chicagoland. I'd expect to see 50 trains in daylight, though obviously not all will be well lit for photography. In general, the track angle favors westbounds on both CSX and NS for most of the day. If you go there, be aware that CSX now communicates on 160.995 in the Cleveland terminal area, a frequency that was recently introduced.

Elyria itself has some decent photo spots, but the CSX branch through town isn't very busy, so you could only expect to get NS there. The NS road channel in the Elyria area is 160.980. I'm not sure what they're using in Cleveland now except to say that it is/they are former Conrail channel(s).

Date: 06/26/01 12:29
Author: RobR

Greetings!

The NS Cleveland Line uses 161.07, and I'm pretty sure NS trains through Berea use that frequency also.

You may want to look at my web site, http://clevelandrails.railfan.net for more frequencies. Also, it's got a decent collection of photos taken in the Cleveland area.

RobR

Date: 06/26/01 13:19
Author: scapegoat

I've seen small crowds at the abbe road crossing takeing pictures. The amtrak station also seams to be a good spot. To bad there is no way to get into the tower at the old N.Y.C. station downtown that would be a great veiw. you will see no trains on the C.S.X. branch on the weekends. (sat & sun). btw what brings you to this slice of the world can't imagine anyone wanting to come here. don't get me wrong It's home and don't want ot leave but never thought of it as a destination LOL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds