Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > WLE on NS

Date: 06/27/01 04:28
WLE on NS
Author: 3rdRail

What are the WLE symbols on NS? The rocks trains south of Bellevue and Cary? How often do they go to Cary? Thanks. I 've asked WLE on NS before but I can't find the symbols. I did try the search. Couldn't find the answer.

Date: 06/27/01 05:25
RE: WLE on NS
Author: toledopatch

The Wheeling symbols in and out of Toledo are 223-224. NS does not have special symbols, like CSX, to refer to these trains -- at least not over the radio. The DS simply refers to the train as "Wheeling 224" or whatever. I haven't been in Bellevue recently, but rock-train symbols I recall hearing over there many moon ago include 684 and 771.

As of my knowledge, the Wheeling doesn't go south of Carey. It has trackage rights to Lima but has never exercised them -- and that would be on CSX track, anyway.

Date: 06/27/01 06:34
Author: 3rdRail

Thanks again.Does WLE send trains often to Carey?

Date: 06/27/01 14:00
Author: halfmoonharold

Here are some:
221/222: Hartland (Brewster?) to Bellevue turn, usually late morning/afternoon, hump cars/interchange
223: Bellevue - Toledo, called 800pm.
224: Toledo-Bellevue, 223 crew turning back on rest, afternoon???
340/640: Huron - Bellevue ore (when running)
341/641: Bellevue - Huron ore empties
684: works Central Soya, Bellevue
Stone trains are in the 700-series. I don't know all of them, here's a few:
775: mid-morning arrival Bellevue, works France Stone/Flat Rock, and Parkertown, often has a unit on each end to speed reverse moves
784: might be a Carey train

Date: 06/27/01 14:53
Author: toledopatch

Hartland is between Brewster and Bellevue. I thought 221-222 ran Brewster-Bellevue and set off/picked up at Hartland for the 223-224, which run Hartland-Toledo.

Date: 06/27/01 18:35
Author: halfmoonharold

You may be right. I claim no expertise on Wheeling operations! I do know that the trains are often combo'ed into Bellevue, and split up at Yeoman's. The Wheeling employees do a great job of making quick moves thru the interlocking plant in Bellevue.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0278 seconds